Hitachi EH-150 Communication

PortmanBlue

Hi,
I'm attempting to connect to a Hitachi EH-150 PLC, the CPU is an EH-CPU104A and only DIP switches 1 and 5 are set on which sets the baud rate to 38400. I'm using a serial to USB adaptor to connect from my laptop to the programming cable to the PLC due to the lack of a serial port on my laptop. The programming cable is wired as shown in this link. I have selected to not use FIFO buffers for the serial to USB adaptor and am using 7 data bits, even parity and 1 stop bit. I have attempted to connect through ports 1 and 2 without success, receiving an error message which says "SendTaskCode failed with error code 0xE8 Receive timeout".

Is anyone able to suggest a solution to this problem? Thanks for your help.