Hmi bachup

yogesh patil

We have tp177 hmi siemens. We want to replace with new. We need backup first. I don't have prosave softwear. Can we take backup by wincc flexible softwear.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that an uploaded copy will not be able to be edited? Any chance of getting a hold of the machine builder and getting a copy of the program?

In the panel there may be a "Backup / Restore" function in the control panel that will backup the program to a memory card attached to the panel.

Remember that if you uploading using Prosave, then you can download only to the same HMI. So if your TP177 is not the same as old one you might not be able to load program. Check first if you have the same model. If not then you have to ask siemens support if old and new are compatible.

I have had the copy of a Prosafe file - had to convert it for wincc 2008
it does not convert well - I would download direct to Wincc if you can. then realise that the Security section is totally revamped so you will have problems there.

Keep in mind that an uploaded copy will not be able to be edited? Any chance of getting a hold of the machine builder and getting a copy of the program?

Ain't that the truth! We needed to add some interlock buttons to a Siemens HMI but the nincompoop that last worked on it brought in a bootleg hub (which is a big time no no in itself) and hooked directly to the HMI in question and modified a bunch of stuff. Then left.

So I was faced with either recreating his buttons (not knowing where they would show up in the PLC didn't help), or forgetting about updating the HMI.

Fortunately, he came back and surprise, surprise, had the current copy on his laptop.