HMI bootup delay settings?

I do similar to the timing relay above but as crazy as it may sound I use a click plc for this because I can get the click with is much more application flexible for about half the cost of a 2 or 4 channel digital timing relay or analog relay depending on the brand (AB)

We use a lot of stratix switches and some have up to 5 minutes boot-up time so we use a click to delay the PLC until the switch is up and delay the HMI until the PLC is up.

It would be so nice if ethernet adaptors, Switches, etc could have a delay before connecting feature and that would eliminate a ton of issues because devices could be powered up just set the delay before connecting to the right value and also if the switches would give a simple contact output when a specific port sees traffic. I have suggested it to multiple brands and Rockwell and Siemens but no joy.

Guardlogix PLCs can be slow, thats the ones I experienced the HMI getting started before the PLC.

Edit: Thinking about it, its not the PLC, its those darn Stratix Managed Switches that take forever to start.

That is what I've experienced it with. Looked for a work around, but the customer accepted the error message on HMI since he'd requested the managed switch.

Has anyone found a software settings solutions to this problem?

Based on the OP, I'm assuming this issue is on the Panelview 800 series HMI?
I've encountered this with systems using Micrologix 1400 and Panelview 800. The PLC will be in run mode long before the PV800 finishes booting up, but the PV800 will still come up with a Data access error (can't remember the exact wording now). But the PV800 is actually already communicating fine.
Interestingly this was never a problem between the Micrologix 1100 and PV800

I've found disabling the 'Error Alert Display Setting' in the HMI settings will mask out this issue.

20220307_075407.jpg