Hmi-cab-c49

Mary

Hi everyone, happy new year 2005....
well I have a little doubt, I want to know if someone have the cable assemblies of the HMI-CAB-C49, or if you have information about where I could find it... because I want to make it.
And tell me if that is possible, because I read that it has a circuit board and you can't make it in the field..
well thank you, and if someone don't understand me please tell me, because my english is not so good now..

HMI-CAB-49 is the cable for downloading screens from a PC running Quick Designer software to a Quick Panel HMI. It contains a TTL/RS232 signal converter. The converter gets its power from pin 8 of the Mini-DIN connector on the Quick Panel. If you place any reasonable value of your time, it costs less to buy it than to build it.

Thank you Steve,
That means that is possible to build it, I really want to know how I can do it, where can I find the diagram? I read that I need a MAX232 but I don't know how I can connect it...

The schematics are not officially available. Do you really want to risk damaging a computer or display screen with a home-made cable? Why not purchase the correct one and be sure?

Since neither Bernie nor I can convince you that it's smarter to buy this cable than to try to build your own, here are the pinouts for the Mini-DIN on the QuickPanel. Beyond this, you're on your own.

Pin 1 TX/RST (Out)
Pin 2 GND
Pin 3 RDY
Pin 4 RX (In)
Pin 5 RTY (Out)
Pin 6 CTS (In)
Pin 7 DSR (In)
Pin 8 VCC

These descriptions are from the QuickPanel family hardware reference Guide, publication number 800-1000-123/A

My cable was included with the software when we bought it. The cable is no good to me without the software. I wonder what you're gonna do with a cable and no software. It cost us $535. QDA-EDT-001 from GE.

Start with a RS-232 Driver Module from HVW Technologies.
http://www.hvwtech.com/pages/products_view.asp?ProductID=168

The 8 pin din connector is more difficult to find, however it is the same one used on old Apple computer keyboards. Also available here with a cable attached.
http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=1303&sku=28190

You will need to cut a trace on the adaptor and add a jumper.

If you get the parts and get stuck reply back here.

It does work, we are now using two of these that we built up just to see if we could. We have several of the TCP (GE Fanuc) cables that died. We are now migrating to ethernet, so I expect not to use these as often from now on.

thank you all of you, well, finally I bought the cable, because is better... you were right steve and bernie

The Apple cable is called an ADB (Apple Desktop Bus)cable. It is the same things as an S-Video cable.