HMI for YAMATAKE-HONEYWELL DCS TDC-3000

automan

Recently ,I've been assigned to a project. I should prepare a PC based HMI for an old DCS system.It is TDC-300O and it is under the logo of YAMATAKE and HONEYWELL. I don't know anybody here is familiar with this issue or not, but there is a component named "LCI" which prepares a serial port connection for this DCS. Tags can be read or write to/from DCS using COM port of PC and a text based syntax( for example "$R 11201" means "Read tag number xxxx")
There are some ideas in my mind about how to do this project:
1-Implement all the softwares with Visual C++.I need several softwares.One for "connection via RS232", another for HMI functions like trend, archive, GUI...
2-Using (writing) a DDE Server and WinCC.
Connection to serial port will be achieved using an ActiveX which is imported inside DDE Server. Then all the read tags are available in WinCC using DDE connection
3-The third method is using an OPC server.I think this method is more industrial but I don't know how to implement an OPC Server then I think I do the project using second idea which is less time consuming than the first way.
Any comments?

Hm, I'm read about "LCI" component at first time. What kind of TDC-3000 system you want to be connected? On Hiway based TDC you can data exchange with PC using PCSI device. On LCN based TDC you can use TPSDDE server or any Honewell/Yamatake solutions (PHD,Prexion)

The Local Communication Interface (LCI) provides a communication link between the TDC3000 Multifunctin Controller (MC) System C_Link and a personal computer. With the use of a personal computer, unique requirements for data manipulation, data staorage, display, and reporting can be supported in a low-cost system.

I have been able to read from TDC3000 and show it on WinCC using DDE Server. I think for what you want, one can use the same method and send or recieve data from WinCC to Siemens S7.
Otherwise I think the best way is to use an OPC Server and an OPC Client.

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone may be able to help me?

Once a day, I want to be able to record several TDC3000 tags onto a convential PC.
Is LCI the easyest method to do this?
Is it possible to export a CSV type file?

Thanks,

Glyn

Glyn said:
Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone may be able to help me?

Once a day, I want to be able to record several TDC3000 tags onto a convential PC.
Is LCI the easyest method to do this?
Is it possible to export a CSV type file?

Thanks,

Glyn

It is more than one year that above mentioned project is finished and it ie under load(working). It records more than 150 tags every 20 seconds in a trend base in WinCC.
I have used WinCC capabilities to retrieve archieve data.
I do read the tags from LCI and I think it is easy. I hace coded my own dde server.