HMI, GUI, Touch screens, AB Cat# 27119-T12C4D2

tonyyarbrough

I use several AB PanelView Touch screens of various sizes for a GUI into my PLC's I/O's. For an unknown reason, at no specific time interval the 12.1" color PanelView will blank-out to the infamous "Blue Screen of Death". My recovery is to cycle the power to it, and it all reloads, runs fine. I've done the most obvious things like check the power connections, etc. My AB rep is clueless. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Last edited:
Check the stability of the power supply. Glitches, solenoid noise, minor drop outs, etc. can cause that. If it's a 120VAC version, ironically, a lot of UPS's will cause that in an industrial enviornment. If it's a 24VDC version, try a local, dedicated 24V supply.

Is it using windows as the platform, it sounds to me like windows 98 if it is then is a normal behaivour of windows it is so unstable, try with ab rep to see if they have a linux like version is far more stable plataform to work with and no bsod.

rafaelsainz said:
Is it using windows as the platform, it sounds to me like windows 98 if it is then is a normal behaivour of windows it is so unstable, try with ab rep to see if they have a linux like version is far more stable plataform to work with and no bsod.

No, it's not Win98, it's WinCE.
No, there's no Linux Version.

BTW, the part number is 2711P-B12C4D2.

Tony, any other clues? Is it always on the same screen, or does that matter? Are there any custom configs? How are you communicating to what PLC? Firmware version? ...

Last edited: