Hmi - starting historical trend graph

Wilton001

Good afternoon guys.

Thanks to all for the really good info I have gotten on the site thus far. Could not believe how many ways there are to do a "flip flop" circuit using only one button.

I need some help on a HMI though.

I'm using a Delta DOP-B10E615 HMI in conjunction with a Delta SX2 PLC.

All I want to do is push a start button and then the pressure on a test unit will go up until the mechanical bypass kicks in and holds the pressure at a certain level.

I have a 4-20mA transducer hooked up to the PLC which records on the HMI via the historical trend graph, which I can export as a Excel file via USB.

Then when I push stop, pressure releases on the test unit via a second "release valve"

Question is. How do I get the PLC and HMI to only start recording or "monitoring" the historical trend graph when I push the start button, and end when I push the stop button?

I'm dumbstruck as to where to start.

I also later want to add functions such as error screen popping up when for instance the overload on the hydraulic motor trips etc.. Baby steps though

Hope you guys can help.
:unsure:

Question is. How do I get the PLC and HMI to only start recording or "monitoring" the historical trend graph when I push the start button, and end when I push the stop button?
Use an expression to call your Trend or turn it off:

If Start = ON, then (Start Trend).
If Stop = OFF, then (Stop Trend).

If you make your Start and Stop tags into System Start and Stop controls, then they can also turn ON or turn OFF everything else, including the Trending Chart.

Thanks for your help Lancie1.

I got hold of the agents and they pointed me in the right direction on how to set up control blocks on the HMI which sets up D registers that has to be read by the HMI via the PLC, which starts and stops the recording.

I realise that I will have to invest in a PLC course as soon as possible. Just a pity all the agents charge a small fortune for courses. Doesn't make sense. We are after all going to use their products.

Thanks again for your help. It was a step in the right direction.