HOA on HMI

Can anybody help with programming a Hand/Off/Auto switch on a Red Lion G3/Crimson 3.0?

So after jesting, back to the OP

Perhaps you could be a bit more descriptive

Are you having trouble finding something in C3 to do this ?

If so what have you tried ?

If not do you want a roll your own to suit your needs ?

OK sorry for being a smart a$$. I couldn't resist.
what PLC are you talking to? What are you having trouble with?

Can anybody help with programming a Hand/Off/Auto switch on a Red Lion G3/Crimson 3.0?

There is a Hand/Off/Auto primitive pre-programmed into Crimson 3.0.

From your display page, select the primitives tab on the right side of the screen. From there, navigate up to "Categories" if you are not already there. Choose "3-State Selectors". Find the HOA switch and drag it into your display.

Double click to enter the HOA switch's properties. Drag your tag into the "Value" field. You can adjust the "Action" field to your application and change the images if the default ones are not appropriate.

A real HOA selector in C3 will show the graphical indicator of the 3 position selector switch, but when you touch the button it will pop up a screen with a button for HAND, OFF, and AUTO instead of simple changing based off of where you touch. Can you do that? I can:teacher:

Actually let me clarify that before someone comes up with a solution of using 50 pop up screens for 50 HOA. You should be able to make a single pop up screen with buttons for HAND, OFF, and AUTO manipulate unlimited HOAs. And to make it a little more interesting you should be able to have custom graphics and text on the pop up depending on which HOA you are changing.

I can't take full credit for this one, Dan Yost helped me out

Actually let me clarify that before someone comes up with a solution of using 50 pop up screens for 50 HOA. You should be able to make a single pop up screen with buttons for HAND, OFF, and AUTO manipulate unlimited HOAs. And to make it a little more interesting you should be able to have custom graphics and text on the pop up depending on which HOA you are changing.

I can't take full credit for this one, Dan Yost helped me out

I can do this too and did many times in C2, but with the Widgets in C3, I don't any more.

Now I just put my HOA switch tags in folders and widgetize an HOA popup and duplicate and bind as many times as I need to.

I put all the popups under their own folder and it is all neat and clean.

I admit I haven't played with the widgets that much, but if you want to make a change after you have made multiple widgets, do you have to change them one at a time?

I admit I haven't played with the widgets that much, but if you want to make a change after you have made multiple widgets, do you have to change them one at a time?

Yes, you do need to change them one at a time - that is a negative, but I haven't found it to be too big of a deal.