Honeywell ControlEdge 900 PLC Communicating with 900 Control Station

brinocerous

Hello, friends.

I've programmed a ControlEdge 900 PLC (900CP1-0200) and I now have to make an HMI application for a 900 Control Station (900CS10-00). The manual I have been reading for Station Designer ("Station Designer Software User Guide" 51-52-25-149) details how to import tags from and HC900, but not a ControlEdge 900. ControlEdge Builder (PLC programming software) does not produce the required *.cde file that Station Designer needs for the tag import. It appears I am stuck mapping my PLC tags to modbus addresses and communicating between the two devices that way. Any Honeywell pros care to confirm or deny?

My take on the ControlEdge PLC is that you are totally correct in your assessment.

If a brand name (Honeywell) on the HMI is not a factory, then there is no reason to use the 900CS model because all the Honeywell features are specific to the HC-900 controller, not the ControlEgde PLC.