Honeywell Hybrid Control Designer Help Needed!

ClaytonL

I am new to HCD (ver 4.403), but I have a problem programming the controller time on my HC900 C50 controller (4.4 FIRMWARE). The controllers time is not yet programmed. When I click on "set controller time" in utilities tab I get a message: "The time zone data file is missing or corrupted [timezones.dat]" Does anyone know how I can fix this error, or where to start looking? I have searched extensively online, but to no success. My cpu's red light is flashing a code 5, in line with my problem.

If it isn't a fault associated with
A) a missing or discharged battery, (manual has separate LED fault code for the battery)
B) mismatch between the CPU firmware version and a config firmware version
then you need to call Honeywell TAC and get some advice.

800 423-9883 (in the US)
They'll probably want to know the CPU firmware version

Did you figure out the solution to this problem? I am running into the same issue and tried setting the time using two different computers to receive the same error code. And please don't anyone say contact TAC, I don't have their service. Its amazing I can never find anything online for solutions for any Honeywell issues regardless of the problem.

Did you figure out the solution to this problem? I am running into the same issue and tried setting the time using two different computers to receive the same error code. And please don't anyone say contact TAC, I don't have their service. Its amazing I can never find anything online for solutions for any Honeywell issues regardless of the problem.

TAC Support is free, unless they have recently made changes.

The issue you are seeing relates to the time zone file being in the wrong location on Windows 7 64 bit if I remember correctly. Do a Search for it and if it isn't located in Program Files (X86) then copy it there.

You can also go to the Honeywell website and download 6.002. I think it will solve your problem. I *know* downloading the software is free.

Finding the HC900 software download page is not intuitive.
http://tinyurl.com/ngdy7dd

- click on the 'Documents' tab (defaults to
Product Info' tab)
- scroll down to "Public Support Documentation",
- keep moving to next 'page' until you find HC900 Designer Upgrade 6.002

Finding the HC900 software download page is not intuitive.
http://tinyurl.com/ngdy7dd

- click on the 'Documents' tab (defaults to
Product Info' tab)
- scroll down to "Public Support Documentation",
- keep moving to next 'page' until you find HC900 Designer Upgrade 6.002

I agree it isn't easy - that's why I have a link to it in my favorites. However, I just did a Google search for "Hybrid Control Designer Software" and the first result gave me a link to the Honeywell site and all the software upgrade packages.