Honeywell Hybrid controller HC900 c30 controller communication failure after15minutes

Hi,
I'm facing a problem of loosing the communication between HC900 PC DESIGNER SCADA and the controller C30 after 15 min. if the PLC is restarted the communication remains for another 15 minutes
I'd replaced the battery on the dealers advise. but could not able to resolve the issue.
anybody, please help me out on root cause of the problem and solution for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

kamal

I'm afraid that I don't know recognize "HC900 PC DESIGNER SCADA" as Honeywell software. What is its exact name?

The HC-900 development tool software is called "Hybrid Control Designer"(HCD), but it is not a SCADA program.

The 900 Control Station HMI panel's development software is "Station Designer", but it also is not a SCADA program.

So it isn't clear which software you are talking about.

Is this truly a SCADA program that is collecting/historizing data over time?

Which controller port is the software connected to? ethernet? RS-485?

Is this a commissioning problem or has it been in service for some period of time?

How old is the installation?

The controller battery maintains real-time execution variables, like dynamic setpoints, that could be lost if the power fails. It should not have an effect on a continuously powered controller and its communications.

hi,
i'm sorry to get you confused.
here is the correct configuration details.
the CPU is C -30 and configuration software is HC DESIGNER.
we are seeing continuous red light on the CPU after every 15 minutes.
power source is 230VA.C ON UPS SOURCE.
The CPU is connected via Ethernet.
Now we lost the Ethernet communication too as we tried to upgrade the firmware version to latest 4.4 version from exisiting 4.0.
we are trying to communicate with RS232 port but could not able to connect due to an error message displaying"Cannot get controller information".
However, we had observed the flashing light on switch1 of RS232 while communicating. the RS 232 settings are 57600-8bit-1stopbit-none parity.

please help us in getting out of this problem.

I'm afraid that I don't know recognize "HC900 PC DESIGNER SCADA" as Honeywell software. What is its exact name?

The HC-900 development tool software is called "Hybrid Control Designer"(HCD), but it is not a SCADA program.

The 900 Control Station HMI panel's development software is "Station Designer", but it also is not a SCADA program.

So it isn't clear which software you are talking about.

Is this truly a SCADA program that is collecting/historizing data over time?

Which controller port is the software connected to? ethernet? RS-485?

Is this a commissioning problem or has it been in service for some period of time?

How old is the installation?

The controller battery maintains real-time execution variables, like dynamic setpoints, that could be lost if the power fails. It should not have an effect on a continuously powered controller and its communications.

1) The "HC900 Hybrid Controller Installation and User Guide", Revision 16, Oct 2009 is available here:
http://hpsweb.honeywell.com/NR/rdonlyres/3B3E6F12-1E1E-40B3-9306-15C6744612F6/96224/515225107.pdf

Diagnostic LED indicators codes appear on pages 167 (pdf) through page 173

A single red LED once every 15 minutes does not seem to be one of the choices. Do any other choices appear to be valid?

2) The "Hybrid Control Designer software User Guide", 51-523-25-110 is here:
http://hpsweb.honeywell.com/NR/rdonlyres/96A9C66E-393C-4ADB-8A9C-D88CA4A238B3/98976/515225110.pdf

"Downloading Controller firmware procedures and error codes" start on page 52 and go through page 55.

Did you follow these instructions?

Which error code appeared when the firmware download failed? (none are listed as 'cannot get controller information')

3) A charged battery is required for firmware updates, but error codes during update attempts indicate whether or not the battery needs replacement.

4) Did you get and install the latest HCD software from the web?

5) Is the CPU responsive at all to a query from HCD? Can a configuration file be uploaded from the CPU ?