Hooking up output to Solid state relay 3-30VDC

gusterminator

I would like to hook up the output of a SLC 500fixed controller to a solid state relay with a controll voltage of 3-30V DC. The relay has a negative and positive terminal. Do I hook the +24 volts to the + on the relay and then the negative side of the relay to the SLC output terminal?

Thanks for any help.

It depends on the output card itself. If your card uses a negative reference, then it will require the positive pole of your relay be attached to it and the negative pole wired to common. If, however it uses a positive reference, the reverse is true. Finally, if you have a relay output card, it doesn't matter - you could wire it either way.

Please post the part number for the card.

Similar Topics

Very simple/basic question, but I want to get rid of my uncertainty. I don't think it would be an issue, but when I'm the one writing the program...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm a student starting to study PLC programming and in the class that I am in we don't really get into hooking up to a PLC using an RS232...
Replies
Views
I have an application that has a G310 talking serially to an Allen Bradley Micrologix 1500 PLC. I would like to add a second G310 at another...
Replies
Views
Oh boy! Another HMI design possibility just fell in my lap! I'm stuck on one thing, though... I'm not sure what to recommend for input...
Replies
Views
WE have a ab 5/15 on a compressor when one of the techs hooked a hart475 to a discharge pressure tramsmitter , the compressor shut down on surge...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom