How are you marketing?

HereForBeer

Contractors, how are reaching out to potential customers? What platforms are you marketing on, LinkedIn? Facebook? Personalized mass emails? Cold calls?

I think it would be great to start a thread on this topic to share marketing ideas!

System integration companies go to trade shows and write magazine articles about their successes.

People still read magazines!? Just joking.. I can see writing content and engaging with prospects on a self publishing platform like LinkedIn would add value for everyone and potential projects.

What are system integrators showcasing at trade shows? I thought it was typically OEMs showing off their systems?

Contact the local distributor of products that you are familiar with and let them know you can provide integration services. Very often, a customer that they are courting to sell their products to are looking for help to integrate it.

Contact the local distributor of products that you are familiar with and let them know you can provide integration services. Very often, a customer that they are courting to sell their products to are looking for help to integrate it.

^This

Distributors are always happy to add to their own ability to sell hardware, so if you can show a large distributor some work history and prove that you can take care of business, they will start sending jobs your way.

^This

Distributors are always happy to add to their own ability to sell hardware, so if you can show a large distributor some work history and prove that you can take care of business, they will start sending jobs your way.

I'll second (third?) this. With good relationships with 2 distributors, we have to turn down work sometimes due to not having time/personal to get it done in a timely fashion.

My struggle now is finding good guys that don't mind getting dirty.

When I worked for an oem, we had a nicely printed booklet showing our capabilities and photos of our machinery (photos used with permission).
we sent the brochures, business cards to many industries. also made sales calls. word got around about our work and our reputation.

regards,
james

I'll second (third?) this. With good relationships with 2 distributors, we have to turn down work sometimes due to not having time/personal to get it done in a timely fashion.

My struggle now is finding good guys that don't mind getting dirty.

I'll 4th that

Also try and find a niche market, around here if you are known in the poultry or peach market you will have more work than you can shake a stick at

Contractors, how are reaching out to potential customers? What platforms are you marketing on, LinkedIn? Facebook? Personalized mass emails? Cold calls?

I think it would be great to start a thread on this topic to share marketing ideas!

Have a big entertainment budget for taking folks to lunch, games, etc. Hire a good schmoozer, preferably of the female persuasion to get a foot in the door.