how can i use my allen Bradley RSlogix PLC to gate triggering toa TRIAC or thyristor

how can i use my allen Bradley RSlogix PLC to gate triggering to a TRIAC or thyristor

actually i want to gate triggering to the TRIAC or thyristor device đź“š using allen bradley rslogix plc

can you tell me how can i get a gate pulse from AB plc rslogix to the TRIAC .
actually i provide a analog input to plc and got a analog output from plc ....... then now how do i give this signal to a TRIAC

what is the connection / logix / ladder diagran in RSlogix 500

mail ([email protected])or reply here

Last edited:
Need more detail. What are you trying to accomplish? What PLC are you using? What have you already tried?

Need more detail. What are you trying to accomplish? What PLC are you using? What have you already tried?

sir i m using rockwell RSlogix 1400 with analog module ...
i already get analog output from analog input in this plc...
now i wanna help in to.......... how do i use this analog output and trigger a TRIAC or thyristor by this analog output ....

can you give me your email id .... i will talk to you

You will need to use a discrete (on/off) output to trigger the SCR. In your PLC program, set a timer that resets itself when its preset is reached. Calculate the analog output's percentage of its maximum value. Also calculate the timer accumulator's percentage of its maximum value. While the timer's percentage of its maximum value is less than the analog output's percentage of its maximum value, turn on the discrete output that triggers the SCR. When the timer's percentage of its maximum value is greater than the analog output's percentage of its maximum value, turn off the discrete output that triggers the SCR.
That's the general design of the logic for a system that uses an SCR to control the current flow to an electric heater as part of a system to control temperature. You haven't told us anything about what you are trying to control, so the previous is an educated guess at the solution to what you are trying to accomplish.

Last edited:

You will need to use a discrete (on/off) output to trigger the SCR. In your PLC program, set a timer that resets itself when its preset is reached. Calculate the analog output's percentage of its maximum value. Also calculate the timer accumulator's percentage of its maximum value. While the timer's percentage of its maximum value is less than the analog output's percentage of its maximum value, turn on the discrete output that triggers the SCR. When the timer's percentage of its maximum value is greater than the analog output's percentage of its maximum value, turn off the discrete output that triggers the SCR.
That's the general design of the logic for a system that uses an SCR to control the current flow to an electric heater as part of a system to control temperature. You haven't told us anything about what you are trying to control, so the previous is an educated guess at the solution to what you are trying to accomplish.

can you please send me a ladder diagram here OR
my mail is [email protected]

:geek::pwhat ever you tell me .........can you make one ladder diagram of it ... on AB RSlogix

sahilgupta1527 also sent me a private message asking for the same thing. This is my response.

I don't do private consultations without a purchase order.

If you have specific questions about implementing the control system I outlined, post them on the forum. Other people may have better suggestions than mine. Still others may be considering similar systems and will benefit from the exchange of ideas.

Dear sahilgupta152,

Please be patient and don't use private messaging to ask questions. The power of the forum is the fact that everybody can read/answer questions.

Also, spamming the boards, reporting posts of people pointing out the right etiquette or asking other people to do your work is considered a nono.

I will delete the double posts. Please be patient and respectful.

Make an honest attempt to do something of your own efforts, post a drawing and the .rss file, and I'm sure you'll get lots of help. It's incredibly difficult for someone to write an entire program with the little information you've given.

i want to use AB plc.
can you tell me on this
Then you can't use analog out. You need to do a digital out with PWM. The interface will be with an optoisolator.

Do what Steve told you to do. If you don't know how to design this, then you shouldn't be trying it. A PLC is designed to use modules, not discrete components.

Do what Steve told you to do. If you don't know how to design this, then you shouldn't be trying it. A PLC is designed to use modules, not discrete components.[/QUOTE]

ok