How do I detect connection error in WinCC flexible?

Hi Ruki.

You have 2 S120 VFDs connected directly to the TP1200, without a PLC ?
Not sure if that can work. I have never tried it.
If you can have a lifebit or continously incrementing counter from each VFD then you can do this:

Have 2 internal tags for "connection_1_ok" and "connection_2_ok".
On system event 140001 set both "connection_1_ok" and "connection_2_ok" to 0.
On the lifebit or counter from the VFD 1, add the OnChange event and the function Setbit "connection_1_ok".
On the lifebit or counter from the VFD 2, add the OnChange event and the function Setbit "connection_2_ok".

If one of the VFDs goes offline, both "connection_1_ok" and "connection_2_ok" will go off, followed by the one that is still online going on again.
Essentially, you tell the panel that the drive is a 300 PLC, and then access parameters as DB#[ParamNo].DB[XBWD][ParamOffset], or something like that. Documentation is hard to find, and the support has come and gone a couple times as product families change. I think I heard it works in Unified now, though.

Essentially, you tell the panel that the drive is a 300 PLC, and then access parameters as DB#[ParamNo].DB[XBWD][ParamOffset], or something like that. Documentation is hard to find, and the support has come and gone a couple times as product families change. I think I heard it works in Unified now, though.

Yep
Been in the panels for years

Unified does support it and DCC with S120
along with G drives

Last edited: