ControlLogix detect someone online with controller from logic?

tlf30

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know of a way to detect if someone is online with the controller in ControlLogix (from logic)
I'm thinking that maybe there is a CIP object that could be queried or something like that.

Thanks,
Trevor

I was hoping to avoid the audit logs. I was really hoping for a simple CIP message solution where I could have the logic message the controller. I've thought about the CIP connections counter, it might be workable, but when we do testing with additional FTLinx servers it would look like a Studio connection.
I'm dreading it, but audit logs might be the only way....

Looking at the audit logs, it looks like only modifications to the controller are logged, not just a simple connection from Studio 5000 (which is odd, I thought they were...)

It would at least be able to let me watch for changes, and see who made the change. Does anyone know of a way to read the text of the audit log using a message instruction? I could possibly write the log to the SD card, then use the removable flash messages to read the file's text back into a string (this seems like a LOT of work)

Rockwell Knowledge base ID: IN27690.
This will get you a CIP Class 3 Count and Capacity.
Keep in mind if you have a PanelViews of FTView Stations, they can use multiple connections based on the amount of data being polled. Otherwards, Connection count may go up or down depending on what PanelView / FTVIew SE screen is active.

Rockwell Knowledge base ID: IN27690.
This will get you a CIP Class 3 Count and Capacity.
Keep in mind if you have a PanelViews of FTView Stations, they can use multiple connections based on the amount of data being polled. Otherwards, Connection count may go up or down depending on what PanelView / FTVIew SE screen is active.
Yeah, Looking at the connection counts on our current systems, the count changes throughout the day. I am thinking that it would not be reliable way of determining if a Studio session is connected.