How do I Write Address down to word level?

I just tried loading that up - but it didn't work. It caused exactly what I was trying to prevent. -

Remember...I was using -

-----N16:4/0-----B3/8-------N16:4/6
-------]\[------[OSR]--------(OTE)---

Seems like since this is the only output instruction for this bit in the logic the OSR is preventing N16:4/6 from being energized - I think anyways.

End result - when tested on the machine this edit cause n16:4/6 to be locked into a state of 0. Even togling the bit with it's panelview button wouldn't toggle it.

I'm thinking what other options available - I've tried to follow MVM but seems ummm in depth.

Remember...I was using -
-----N16:4/0-----B3/8-------N16:4/6
-------]\[------[OSR]--------(OTE)---

This logic will cause N16:4/6 to be true when N16:4/0 is false for
one scan only (that is the purpose of the OSR).

Assuming that N16:4/0 is your "in auto bit" then try this
1. Remove the OSR, then anytime N16:4/0 is false, N16:4/6 will be true, anytime N16:4/0 is true, N16:4/6 will be false.

Precisely - It will make N16:4/6 True for one scan of the logic - And as Martin T. suggested that I use an OTE I did - The maintained PV Pushbutton, Martin T. Thought, would hold on the output once it was started. As it comes out - I'm thinking I should try an OTL - That way the rung wouldn't have to be true for N16:4/6 to be energized.

As for your suggestion Ken - The Machine, at times, has to be operated in manual control - my "Center Pin" being in the Up(Unlocked) position enables me to move the machine North and South on its guide rails - and in the "Center Down" position I can move a component of the machine East and West. So you see I need to be able to make N16:4/6 True while N16:4/0 is False.

I'm going to go back and try using the OTL - I'm see this OTE as the source of my hang up...I'll update.

soop7667,

My bad, I forgot about your Bitmap when I suggest the OTE and didn't express myself well(as usual) and tell to drop the osr we were talking about earlier.
I was going to assume again but I think I'd better reframe from it again. I'm not thinking straight, I'd know how to do it if it wass in front of me. Think I'll load up a spare tomorrow.

Don't forget your going to need to OTU N16:4/6 somehow.

Use the OTL
If you want to turn N16:4/6 off from the PV550 while N16:4/0 is off, then keep the OSR.
If you want to turn N16:4/6 off from within the SLC, you will need to separately program an OTU.
The bit which I am making a zero is togled by a maintained touch screen button on a PV550 and it only has a write address associated - If I move a value of zero into n16:4/6 will the maintained touchscreen button pick up on that or do I need to set up the PanelView application to read that bit address?
If you program the button's read address the same as the write address, then the bit state will be displayed. However, the button won't always work as you might expect - the PV550 remembers the last state that it wrote to the bit. If you turn the bit on from the PV550, then turn it off from the SLC program, you will need to press the PV550 button twice to turn the bit on again - first time for the PV to go through the motions of turning the bit off because it remembers that the last thing it did was turn it on, second time to turn the bit on.

Gerry - If a PV550 wont pick up a state change of the bit then what the heck does the read address do? The Button displays the last state of the as you describe as it is now, with no read address...I
figured putting in the same tag for the read address would make it pick up on a state change initiated from within the logic.

soop7667 said:
I figured putting in the same tag for the read address would make it pick up on a state change initiated from within the logic.
That's correct - it will.
However, although it is displayed, the information is not used by the PV to make the button "intelligent".
Just one of those little quirks that you only learn through doing.