How do you control the order of execution of different blocks of ST code?

bharathchari1

I have a process recipe with 8 steps, each of which I have defined in ST. The user should be able to however, select the order in which these 8 steps are executed. I'm trying to come up with flags or variables which could be used for this but drawing a blank so far. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this could be implemented?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

I have a process recipe with 8 steps, each of which I have defined in ST. The user should be able to however, select the order in which these 8 steps are executed. I'm trying to come up with flags or variables which could be used for this but drawing a blank so far. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this could be implemented?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

With wich PLC?

If I understand correctly, I would add a IF before the steps, comparing the step value:

Like : if StepNumber (tag) = CurrentStep (another Tag) then....

and at the end : CurrentStep++

With an AB PLC. Thanks for the response.

How will the step number be defined by the user? The currentstep counter is maintained by the program, so this looks like it'll increment anytime a step executes.

By " if StepNumber (tag) = CurrentStep (another Tag) then....

and at the end : CurrentStep++"

With an AB PLC. Thanks for the response.

How will the step number be defined by the user? The currentstep counter is maintained by the program, so this looks like it'll increment anytime a step executes.

By " if StepNumber (tag) = CurrentStep (another Tag) then....

and at the end : CurrentStep++"

It can be defined by an HMI or stored in your recipe.

In your recipe you can have the parameter StepNumber.

"It will increment each time a step is done yes."

Yes it will, is that a problem? If you want to disable a step or not do it, you could set it at 0 and add a test in your IF.