The READ_VAR / WIRETE_VAR works between two Simulator Control Expert V14.1

ahcoleho

I’m attempt to establish a communication between two simulator M580 CPUs, using a READ_VAR, I have two vitalization Windows 10 in VMWare and each one with Control Expert V14.1 Installed, I create a new program with CPU M580, crate a section with READ_VAR, put the configuration of block, especially the address using the block ADDMX, I’ve trayed a lot of strings in input ADDMX, however the in/out GEST in READ_VAR block return value #16003 (Incorrect address format) doesn’t matter what I into in ADDMS’s input. I’m think that Control Expert 14.1 don’t work with communication between two Simulators, but I couldn’t find this information anywhere. Someone already has this issue? Someone two help me?

Attachments

• READ_VAR.png
    READ_VAR.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 3
I can't find the exact reference but I could swear the old PLC simulator didn't work with READ_VAR and WRITE_VAR but there was an update that made it work. This article refers to 15.0:
It didn't work before V15 and needed real hardware.

Manual which you linked confirms that

"For Control Expert V14.1 and earlier the PLC simulator does not support
communication to other PCs or PLC simulators, neither remote nor local"

There is still litlle backport for testing on older control experts.
You can read on earlier simulator PLC's own ip address (127.0.0.1 or computer ip, not remember anymore if both worked) and read_var / write_var to different memory ares on same simulator PLC.
Tested TCP coms that way years ago when needed two M580s

Pretty sure that it was simulator below v15 as I could not communicate to another simulator on PC that time.

Last edited:
Thank everybody, I have found the answer and the @Lare is right, the communication between PLCs Simulators on Control Expert just work in Libset 15.0 or later, this information is just on help of V15.0 and later.