how much is the cheapest wago plc?

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
yes, I know. ask my distributor.
problem is he reminds me of a used car salesman. Just asking for a second opinion.

I don't know about the cheapest but we sell some... really only what we use on our trainers but take a look, we also have I/O of needed

Post a model number and some folks might be able to tell you what they buy that one for.

A modern 750-8202 with dual Ethernet is going to be more expensive than the two-generations-old-but-still-available 750-812 with serial Modbus.

What's it going to take to get you into this controller, today, Sir ?

Hello gatunator;
In Wago language, a Fieldbus Controller is programmable CPU.
A Fieldus Coupler is not, it acts as a remote-I/O station head on the communication network it handles.
So the 750-843 fieldbus controller Ethernet TCP/IP is a valid programmable CPU, albeit an early version of their Ethernet controllers.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello gatunator;
In Wago language, a Fieldbus Controller is programmable CPU.
A Fieldus Coupler is not, it acts as a remote-I/O station head on the communication network it handles.
So the 750-843 fieldbus controller Ethernet TCP/IP is a valid programmable CPU, albeit an early version of their Ethernet controllers.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

you have all been very helpful

I loved the phoenix version of the wago plc btw. especially how i could do raw ethernet. and the unlocked functions that were still in beta. only dislike was how i couldn't rename a tag. that, and it don't do modbus well (could be wrong on that).

Don't buy the cheapest. The few Euro you'll save on your purchase will be eaten up in a few minutes by programming.

I recommend looking at the 75-852. It's their ECO PLC. Still uses CoDeSys 2 and supports EIP and MBTCP/UDP but is limited in the module count (by backplane current also) and doesn't support Web Visualization.

Good luck,

Yosi