How To Adjust the DST Automatically in Studio 5000?

iPadr

Hello Gents,

I have got a request to stop the system at fixed times through the day (at End of Day/Night shifts) which could be done using the GSV instruction (attached you can check my simple logic, kindly validate)
my question is.. how would the logic adapt with the Day Saving Time changes?
i know that the SSV instruction can set a new date, but then it's not an automatic change, right?
i found an old answer in the forum that there is an AOI in the PlantPAx library called T_DST which can adjust the PLC time automatically, downloaded the library but didn't find that AOI .. any advise?

additional question, when i got online with PLC i found a wrong date (back to 1998) but i'm sure that it was set correctly long time ago, so what are the cases for the PLC to lose the Date/Time values?

and how much can i trust the PLC Date/Time to build a 100% dependant logic on it?

Thanks in advance!

PLC: L330ERS2 Compact GuardLogix
FW: 32.013

2022-10-05_12h54_46.png

i found an old answer in the forum that there is an AOI in the PlantPAx library called T_DST which can adjust the PLC time automatically, downloaded the library but didn't find that AOI .. any advise?
https://www.rockwellautomation.com/search/ra-en-US;keyword=dst;activeTab=Sample_Code

additional question, when i got online with PLC i found a wrong date (back to 1998) but i'm sure that it was set correctly long time ago, so what are the cases for the PLC to lose the Date/Time values?

and how much can i trust the PLC Date/Time to build a 100% dependant logic on it?
I find most Rockwell PLC clocks drift unless synced from an external source. Usually along the lines of a few minutes a year.

Not sure what would cause date/time to be completely lost.