How to communicate 1794-acn15 controlnet adapter

dpancipanci

Hi,

I would like to ask on how can i communicate with Flex i/o controlnet adapter 1794-acn15 using my PC and also the RSlinx configurations. Thank you very much.

regards
Dante

Your 1794-acn15 should be conected thru a coax cable to a controlnet master like the 1756-cnb/d, the 1756-cnb/d is installed in a controllogix rack that has a cpu 1756-xxx.

The controllogix cpu is conected to your pc thru a serial or ethernet cable, so if you have rslinx on you pc you can talk to your controllogix cpu using either df1 protocol or ethernet protocol and when connected to your cpu you will find your 1794-acn15 and work with it.
Other wise you can not talk from your pc to your 1794-acn15.

william

Thanks William, The current set-up was that the Flex I/O adapter connected to Controllogix CPU thru controlnet. The location of controllogix CPU was very far from adapter. I need to hook up with my PC directly to the adapter so that I can see the sequence of the machine.

Thanks,
Dante

dpancipanci said:
Thanks William, The current set-up was that the Flex I/O adapter connected to Controllogix CPU thru controlnet. The location of controllogix CPU was very far from adapter. I need to hook up with my PC directly to the adapter so that I can see the sequence of the machine.

Thanks,
Dante

In this type of situation I always use a wireless router connected to an 1756-ENBT module in the CPU's chassis. Then I use the wireless ethernet on my laptop and anywhere within 100 feet from the router I can troubleshoot remote racks.

Ian