how to copy all of the instructions in a branch

joeparrish

I am in rs studio I want to copy the hole branch instruction, I can't figure out how to copy any more than the line of the branch I am on

If it make sense

I have like 50 branch levels on the same branch I would like to copy them all at one time is this possible

if you select the branch in front of the instruction and hold down the Crtl key you should be able to select multiple instructions that way.

If the branches are nested, you can click on the corner or intersection at the top of the "nest", hit CTRL+C to copy the whole nest. If they are extended (straight down) branches, do as Bullzi said. Click on the leftmost edge of the first branch you want to copy, hold CTRL and click (or use the down arrow key) to add to your selection. You should see a little red selection marker on each branch in your selection as you add to it. When you get them all selected, click CTRL+C to copy (or the right click menu copy).

The keyboard is your friend. Make use of Home, End, arrow keys, and the shift and control key.

You can also double click at the branch intersection to open the mnemonic editor and copy the instruction string. The mnemonic editor is a text entry field that will appear at the top of the ladder window. It shows the actual code for the rung. Double clicking the rung number shows the entire rung. Double clicking a branch intersection shows the code for that section of the branch. This can be copied, pasted, and edited.

Not tried this with older versions but with v20 and later you can click on the right hand side of the branch and it will select the whole branch, it is great for copying or deleting entire branches.

Ian