How to make the most of this opportunity?

Sam Kennedy

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum here, I thought I could get some ideas on how to make the most of this opportunity I've been given.

I've been employed at a small electronics company as a trainee plc programmer. They have mainly siemens equipment, s5's and s7-200's and s7-300's. Over the last month or so, I've just been experimenting with the different PLC's, trying to make various projects I can think of, and I've learned a lot just from that, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I could do to continue to increase my knowledge of PLC's while working here?

Thank you!
-Sam

If you're able, get your hands on some other vendors' hardware. Learn the similarities and differences between them. Siemens is a beast unto itself, and each type of PLC and HMI has their own quirks. The more well rounded you are, the better. for added fun, try getting different vendors' gear talking to each other. A Siemens PLC to an AB HMI for instance.

-rpoet