Non Traditional Educational Opportunity (Google)

_Dock_

Google Grow is now offering 5 professional certifications. If you are like me you like the non traditional methods of learning (unique and online topics)

https://grow.google/certificates/#?modal_active=none

All 5 of them are relevant to our field.

It is through coursera, if you've done anything like this before then you'll be familiar with coursera.

Cost is $39 per month and a normal pace should take 5-6 months, or roughly $240.

I have no affiliation, just thought it was interesting. I believe that these types of offerings is going to become the norm in our lifetime. The traditional college model is becoming less and less appealing to college age young adults.

The internet is good learning place if you can keep from getting distracted. I learn stuff from the internet all the time.

Ditto the part about traditional colleges being overrated but I think too many go to college to learn the wrong things. I never have thought it is a good idea to go to college to learn how to program a PLC or use a particular CAD program. They change.

People should be more interested in core skills like math, physics, communication, etc. Even basic money management but that should be learned in high school.

Smart people will learn these things through osmosis no matter what happens.