Redundant PROFINET controllers and non-compatible PROFINET devices

be_like_pino

Hello, has anyone ever been caught in this situation? You have redundant CPUs, fieldbus is PROFINET, there are some devices which don't have the S2 System Redundancy feature necessary for the devices to talk to both controllers. What to do in this case? Unfortunately the non-S2 devices are not something which can be replaced (like remote IO couplers, etc.). I was looking at the Siemens PN-PN Coupler but it only does controller-to-controller if I've read the manual well. Is there any gateway though which I can integrate these non-S2 devices in the PROFINET system? Otherwise I'll be stuck with putting a small PLC and do PROFINET on one side, Modbus/TCP on the other, sucks but what can I do.

Similar Topics

Hello! I haven't worked with software redundancy before, so I was wondering if I could use the CP343-1 Lean modules (which I'm using for the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a im151-8 cpu as the ring manager and three im151-3 pn as the ring clients. I have set up the hardware configuration and the ring...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Has any of you tried to change the IP Gateway of the PLC (of course, essentially of the ENBT card), while in a redundant configuration...
Replies
Views
I have a redundant ControlLogix being set up. This program reads a value from a remote site which happens to be SLC PLC. Rockwell mentions SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi, we are using Rx3i CRU320 redundant PLC system and we noticed a discrepancy between Primary and Secondary controller. Couple of variables (DI)...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom