Updating IP Gateway of ENBT card in a Redundant Configuration

QasimFSH

Hi All,

Has any of you tried to change the IP Gateway of the PLC (of course, essentially of the ENBT card), while in a redundant configuration?

So essentially what we have are two Chassis (one is primary and other is secondary). each chassis has one PLC CPU, two ENBTs and a RM module, and both the RMs (secondary and primary) are connected via fiber.

I want to update the gateway on all 4 ENBTs, but I of course cannot do it just by simply using RSLinx. The way I have figured out so far is to disqualify the syncing, update the Gateway IPs, and the requalify.

Is there any simpler/better way of doing this, please? Also, please note that we cannot afford stopping the PLCs or a full download; so only online changes are the option.

Thanks all!

As far as I know, there is no way to change it without disqualifying the system.
This setting will not cross-load. It needs to be set the same in both EN2Ts.
When you disqualify the redundancy, the primary is still in control, so you will not have a down time.

I usually set qualification to Never, then just pull the secondary module out and use a separate chassis to make a change.
Then change Primary module while running and then insert secondary and set qualification to Automatic.

You may also try System Update, but it also will disqualify the system.