Factorytalk Alarm Messages not updating.

Karinrinkashi

Hello everyone,

I am dealing with something annoying and excruciatingly basic that I am just ready to cry.

I have updated some alarm messages in factorytalk for am HMI. I have created and uploaded the runtime. I have deleted the old runtime and ruploaded again just to be sure.

Still, the HMI with the NEW runtime is showing old alarm messages and not the updated ones.

What am I missing? I thought I had seen it all in this field over the 10 years....

Please help me.

Thank you

Just from past experiences....

Is there a language selection?
I know I have develop FT applications with English (Canada) and English (US).
If you change one and not the other that could be the issue.

You also may want to be sure you creating the new runtime and then downloaded the most recently created one.

I create a trigger Alarm array and create a string text array for the messages. That way I can just modify the alarm message in the PLC and forget the stupid compress , runtime load the new, delete the old, etc, etc.

Yes, I deleted all the runtime files from within the HMI and red downloaded the only new one so there is only one runtime file. Then I loaded it and still the same.

I want to just bury myself because this is embarrassing and everybody is looking at me.

I've noticed that if you use Import Alarms for the Alarm Setup (where you select an .xml file), it will leave the pre-existing alarms in the Alarm Setup even if you have removed them.

For example if your existing HMI has Alarm 1, Alarm 2... Alarm 10

and you remove Alarms 8, 9, 10, and add alarm 20, 21, and 22, it will still show alarms 8, 9, and 10 in the Alarm Setup even if they were not in your xml file.

The only way I found to fix this is to import a blank .xml (for example, an .xml file with only one alarm), and it will then remove all the others. Then you can import the actual one you want and it will be correct.

I'm not sure if this is the issue you're running into, it sounds like your Alarm Setup is the way you want it but the MER is still generating the old alarms?

Maybe if you tell us the HMI model we can give you some further help?

One idea is to delete all your alarms except for one, then export that, and see if it resolves the issue (you should only get an alarm banner for that one alarm and not the others).

Anyways good luck to you.