How to name electrical panels

nonuke

I would like to know the correct names (abreviations), I should give to the panels in one instalation if I have a power panel, plc panel, remote I/O panels, Estop boxes etc.

Is there any rules or abreviations that are used to name this panels in the Schematics?

I hope you can help.

This is usually site specific. I often see LCP (Local Control Panel) and MCP (Master Control Panel) and MCC (Motor Control Center) and PB (Panel Board) but just as often I see things like PCP (Pump Control Panel) and CCU (Central Control Unit) and MSP (Motor Starter Panel) and LCP (Lighting Control Panel) and dozens of variation on each.

If this is for a customer, ask their preference. If it for your own facility, make a standard (keep it simple) and have fun.

Whatever you do, don't get cryptic. Keep it simple and easy to understand.

"Widgit stamping machine MCP" is just fine and everyone knows what it is as opposed to C5532/R6.5-D-MCP"

We use a short area name and a short panel name plus a sequential number. We use the area names, because in many cases more than one process will have panels in the same electrical room.

Some examples from our waste water treatment plant:

WWTP-CP1 (control panel 1)
WWTP-CP2 (control panel 2)
WWTP-PP1 (power panel 1)
WWTP-LP1 (lighting panel 1)
WWTP-LP2 (lighting panel 2)
WWTP-MCC (motor control center)
WWTP-TP1 (Telecommunications panel 1, telephone and Ethernet, used to just be telephone, hence the TP abbreviation)

Like Tom said, every site is different, I don't think there is an industry standard.

Ours is Location, Machine Type, Number

The location lets the guy know the general area to go. Machine type tells them what they are looking for. The the machine number tells them the specific machine. It makes machines much easier to find

NSWD17 - Northside Welder #17