Enabling the supervisor to rename data in the HMI

Code_E

Hello, I'm working on a project using an Allen-Bradley 1769-L30ER v31 and a Panelveiw Plus7 v11. I have an AOI that keeps track of the time a piece of equipment has been running and triggers a message when a preset time has been reached (for maintenance purposes). As the equipment is subject to change I would like to enable the plant manager to change the name of the preset times where they are entered in the HMI. For example it could be changed from Grease Bearings to Change Gearbox Oil. My question is, is there a way do do this or effectively or is more trouble than its worth? I could just call them some thing like TMR Scheduled Maintenance 1 and 2 but that would likely result in them having to keep track of a maintenance legend or schedule (for a bit more context this a homebuilt farmer-operated feed mill). Any guidance would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if I'm following your explanation 100% but here's my contribution:

Are you storing the message as a string in the PLC or are you using a function such as a multi-state indicator that is reading an integer datatype from the PLC to determine the message text?

To achieve what you want to do, I think I'd do the following:

Create array in the PLC e.g.
View attachment 68239

Then, you can have an alarm config page within the HMI that reads the array, displays each reason in text, and also a string input box to edit the Maintenance Reason:
View attachment 68238

If I've got the wrong end of the stick here, or you need some more information, just ask.

EDIT: You could also use a similar process to change timer values that trigger the maintenance alarms. If equipment is subject to change, then so too are maintenance schedules. You can use variables in your timers instead of entering a number, use some maths to convert between ms/sec/min/hours, then allow for a write command to the PLC for each alarm to change the trigger duration.

I'm not sure if I'm following your explanation 100% but here's my contribution:

Are you storing the message as a string in the PLC or are you using a function such as a multi-state indicator that is reading an integer datatype from the PLC to determine the message text?

To achieve what you want to do, I think I'd do the following:

Create array in the PLC e.g.
View attachment 68239

Then, you can have an alarm config page within the HMI that reads the array, displays each reason in text, and also a string input box to edit the Maintenance Reason:
View attachment 68238

If I've got the wrong end of the stick here, or you need some more information, just ask.

EDIT: You could also use a similar process to change timer values that trigger the maintenance alarms. If equipment is subject to change, then so too are maintenance schedules. You can use variables in your timers instead of entering a number, use some maths to convert between ms/sec/min/hours, then allow for a write command to the PLC for each alarm to change the trigger duration.
MaintenanceReason1.PNG
MaintenanceReason2.PNG

Attachments broke for some reason.

Thank you. Your suggestion hit the nail on the head, I ran a test application and it is functioned as I had hoped it would.