Enabling Forces on SLC 500 PLC

Ones_Zeros

Hey,
I'm used to CompactLogix 5000 controllers and was needing to know the process of forcing on bits and enabling forces on a SLC 500 Allen Bradley PLC.

One is a digital input and the other is an analog input

Also on this PLC is says that the Forces are disabled..

I do appreciate the help...Thanks

Last edited:
You should be able to change that drop down control to say Forces Enabled. Is the processor in remote run?

Check that Force protection is not enabled in the controller properties.

I have avoided forcing any IO in a PLC.

I always edit the line and add a XIC always-off bit to disable an IO, to enable an input branch around it and put a XIC always-on bit. For an analog input just look for the line where the input is read and add a branch after it to MOV the value you want to force to to the integer or float number the input was sent to.

The other way to force an input off is to remove the wire from the terminal and put a wire nut on it. To force an input on remove the wire and run a hot jumper to the terminal.

When I get online with a PLC and see the Forces Enabled LED or drop-down on I expect to find more problems inside.