How to open file in rslogix 5000?

chintankAne

I have studio 5000 V27 in my computer and I want to know how to open file create in Rslogix5000 V20.04

And How can I go online with PLC using Studio 5000 V27??

I do not want to change controller firmware because my all colleague using rslogix 5000 V21

short answer NO

you will need V20 to load it

The good news is that you should be able to go out to Rockwell's support web site and download the correct version. That is if you have a current support contract.
V20 and earlier use RSlogix 5000 V21 and later use RSlogix Studio 5000
in Studio each version is a separate program that loads depending on the saved versin or the selected version when you start a project.
it's just the way they set it up

short answer NO

you will need V20 to load it

The good news is that you should be able to go out to Rockwell's support web site and download the correct version. That is if you have a current support contract.
V20 and earlier use RSlogix 5000 V21 and later use RSlogix Studio 5000
in Studio each version is a separate program that loads depending on the saved versin or the selected version when you start a project.
it's just the way they set it up

With v20 can I go online with plc farmware v20.04???

chintankAne,

generally, with RSLogix 5000, you have to load sequentially all the versions of RSLogix 5000 that you will need to go online with your processors, and if you have later versions, then you may have to uninstall them before reinstalling them in order.

I have Version 13 through to 21 but have not gone as far as 27 yet, but I had to take off 21 to put in V20.04, as I only got that recently.

I am not sure if Studio has the same limitations, but the install process will tell you...

I generally install new versions as I get them. I have not had to uninstall any major version to install another. Newer or older. Updating 20.01 to 20.04 did require 20.01 to be uninstalled.

I recently updated my PCs with v27 and 20.04. I already had 19, 20.01, 21, 23, and 24. There were no issues installing the newer and the older packages. I think I installed v27 and then v20.04.

As to the OP, your major revision of software must match the controller. So if your controller is using 20.xx then you need to version 20 on your PC. If you open the v20 file it will want to convert it to v27 which you do not want to do.

Your co-workers may have v21, but if they talk to the same controller you are referring to then they must have v20 software on their PC in addition to v21.

Once you have the right version(s), you just open the file from either RSLogix 5000 (the name in version 20 and earlier) or Studio 5000 (new name in v21 and newer). The software will automatically switch to the correct software/version.

OG