How to reset Omrom CPM2C password?

Dan Parcy

Hi, I just bought a used Omron CPM2C (with CIF01).

It is password protected and I don't know the password.

Is it possible to clear it, so that I can download new programs to it?

I am using CX-one.

Sorry, I am a student and new to this stuff.

Thank you very much :)

I've never used the CPM2C (although lots of other Omron PLCs) and have never had the need try clearing a password... so there may be better answers coming along but here's a start...
I'd try removing the battery till the memory is lost. Instructions below are copied from the manual.

Turn OFF the power supply to the PC before replacing the battery. To prevent
memory loss when replacing the Battery for a CPU Unit with a clock, complete
Battery replacement within 5 minutes. (CPU Units without a clock will hold
memory for 10 days (at 25°C) using a super capacitor.)