how to retrieve HMI application source file

lrahman

we have lost the HMI Panel View source file (.apa) we do not have back either. we have only .PBA file. can some one help how to get .apa source application file for editing HMI graphics. Thank you.

What is your HMI?

PBA file is not the same hardware for APA.

PBA is PAnelbuild32 (old panelview)

APA is FT View Studio ME, which is from Panelview CE or 1000 or Plus or Performance.

The runtime file can be transferred (uploaded) from the PanelView Plus terminal to your PC. You can do that over a network using the Transfer utility, or you can use a USB thumb drive or SD card and do that right from the configuration menu at the terminal.

Once you have the runtime file (application_name.mer) you can then use FactoryTalk View Studio's Application Manager to restore the runtime. This will allow you to create a development application from your existing runtime. This will then allow you to make your edits. The issue here is that older runtime files cannot be restored. Newer versions (version 6.0 and newer) can, but the developer may require that you enter a password. If it is indeed an older version there is a method to do this, but it is kind of complex.

Once you have the development copy, you can use that same Application Manager tool to backup your application to an .APA file and store it safely somewhere.

Good luck!

OG