Hydraulic Pressure Transducer

Goodday,

Has anyone ever seen a pressure transducer that can provide 2 analog outputs?? Looking online, but not too many that I can find. The reason is I need to do some pressure regulation with valve on-board controls (valve onboard PID) as well as I want to historically trend the pressure, which has to be brought into an analog input in the PLC. I guess I could loop the 4-20mA output through both analog inputs, but was just trying to simplify things.

Any thoughts??

Andrew

I guess I could loop the 4-20mA output through both analog inputs, but was just trying to simplify things.
I think that would be about as simple as you will get. Alternatives:

1. Like Frank said, use an interface to duplicate the signal, or
2. Run the pressure output to your PLC for the pressure trending, but then also pass it through to a PLC analog output wired back to your Valve on-board PID.
3. Others here ???

Thank you all for your responses.

Everyone,

Thank you all for your input. Think I'll be putting the inputs in series. Just wanted to see what other suggestions were out there.

Frank : I like the signal "duplicator" you suggested. Maybe I'll have a use for it on another job.

Thanks you all.

Andrew

looping them in series will work fine provided that the devices have isolated inputs. however, some devices don't in which case you might find that it will not drive the circuit properly. you can use a "duplicator" like frank suggested. the other slightly cheaper alternative is just a simple loop isolator.