I need a 70 degC PLC...

Fredderf

The website for the ADAM-8000 series says they operate to 70degC, but the manuals say 55C. Arg!! Now I'm in a bind.

Anyone know of a basic, robust 24VDC PLC that can operate at 70 degC and has 24 active-high inputs & 24 relay outputs?

Thanks!

Last edited:
ifm efector has some controllers made for mobile applications that might do the trick. I've never used them but a customer of ours has.

From the online info I can find I can't really determine if this will do it or not. The datasheet says:
Housing / storage temperature: 40...85 °C (depending on the load) / 40...85 °C

It doesn't reference temperature anywhere else so maybe they translated "operating temperature" to "housing temperature" when it went from German to English. Because the first reference to -40 to 85C says "depending on load" it seems that it must be operating to be under load o_O

Anyway, here's a link to one of their controllers:
http://www.ifmefector.com/ifmus/web/dsfs!CR0505.html

:site:

Thanks guys! All of your suggestions are new to me, in that internet searched didn't reveal these options.

One other option is PC/104 stuff from the likes of Tri-M systems, but that's getting awfully pricey, plus you end up with a small stack of boards (power, CPU, i/o) which makes the control panel wiring a mess:

http://www.tri-m.com

And the winner is...

The ADAM-5510KW, from Advantech. Programmable like a PLC, lots of I/O, and operates up to 70 deg C! For some reason I missed this, or maybe I confused it with the 8000 series.

Anyway, it's the most professional, global, flexible, and expandable controller that meets my temperature and other requirements.

Entertron's controller has too big a footprint for this panel, while ifm's CR0301 footprint was larger than the ADAM, and was too tight on the i/o count. Ifm's price was about the same as the ADAM, and seemed to have weaker NA support.

Hopefully the thing lives up to the expectations...🤞🏻

If you want to stick with one of the big boys, I know Siemens do environmentally enhanced versions of their S7 CPUs and modules. These are all branded as the SIPLUS range and the part numbers usually only differ in 1 place from the standard range. In temperature they're rated -25C <-> +70C and have additional ratings for humidity etc

Try http://www.siemens.com/siplus

Ken