i need a help for choosing a siemense cpu

kraj

hello everyone

ineed a help for choosinga siemense plc.

actually i need a plc for demo purpose
like testing of opc server and all.
configuration of communication protocol etc..

can u suggest a siemense plc for tht
which is economic also
and also support the various communication tools..

thanking you
raj

Hello kraj;
For descriptions and technical data on S7-300 CPUs, follow the following link:
https://www.automation.siemens.com/...c-s7-controller/s7-300/cpu/Pages/Default.aspx
Use the links inside this page for details on different CPU models.

For your basic applications, "demo purpose like testing of opc server and all. configuration of communication protocol "
you could very well start out with something like a CPU 313C-2DP, relatively inexpensive, with integrated digital I/Os, an MPI port and a Profibus-DP port. If you also want integrated analog I/Os, you could look at the CPU 314C-2DP.
Remember you will need at least a power supply and a MMC card to run the CPU. Programming Software (Step 7) and programming cables will be required also.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

On my side, i would rather sugest a model with a built in Ethernet port because opc server is usually for a Scada or device on a computer with a built in TCP/IP port...

But it either work with the correct stuff but it takes RS-485 converter or a CP card on the computer that will cost more than an PN CPU.

The small ET200S model could be a better package for the price. The S7-200 family as a limited connectivity but the ET200S use a similar processor as the 300 working also on Step 7 but comming with 3 ethernet port and a serial module can be added...

Thanks a lot

can specify the Et 200 model how it works and configuration

thanks and regards
raj