I need some major help

plcrookie2011

I'm taking a PLC programming course, which uses RS Logix 5000 software. I'm not getting any extra help and I need some serious help. Can anyone please help me? Thank you very much.

Perhaps if you gave us a clue where you need help we could provide it.

The courses I run last for 3, 4, or 5 intensive days, on a forum that material could take months to cover.....

Better still, ask specific questions, and you will get specific answers.

Would I be able copy and post what I actually need to do, as a jpeg file so you could see what I need to do? That might be easier for me to explain. This stuff is just totally new to me and I'm lost.

Use the go advance tab and you can attach from there. do you have the rslogix 500 acd file?

When you post a reply you have the option to attach files. You don't have the option when using quick reply though.

When you post a reply you have the option to attach files. You don't have the option when using quick reply though.

Sure you do. Just click on "Go Advance" as stated above.

A word of advice for the OP. Don't just post the question, you need to also try to answer it to get help.

Last edited:
All I have is the sheet of paper with the programming instructions. I do not have an ".acd" file.
If you have a scanner scan it in and post it. if not try type it in. Then give a detailed description of what you need help on.

Either transcribe the instructions by hand (easy if there's no diagram or picture) or scan it and attach as a JPEG, GIF, PNG, or PDF file.

A warning: Nothing attracts criticism like a student who posts his assignment but does not explain the details of the what he needs help understanding, or post a version of his work so far.

Conversely, the Forum tends to lavish attention and assistance on those who do show their work and post a good deal of background and detail.

If you want to be in the second category, I recommend opening a new thread and loading up your first post with details about the course, the hardware you have to use, the assignment, and your progress so far.

If you literally have made zero progress and don't understand even the first thing about relay ladder logic and PLCs, take a measured hour to start reading the material behind the "Learn PLCs" link at PLCTalk.net. It's excellent fundamental brand-independent stuff.

Once you have a little bit of an idea about "here's what I don't know", post on the Forum.

Save yourself a bunch of time
Sit down and in 25 words or less
Define what this dohickey does
What is its purpose?

Now again in 25 words or less describe each step of the operation

Dan Bentler