need help with major fault(slc500)

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a test rack setup but dont have all of the I/O cards. Im trying to figure out how to make it quit going into a major fault because of a missing or mismatched card. Ive looked at the errors screen under processor properties and cant seem to find anything. This is pretty simple to do in controllogix, but i have never had to do it in the slc500 platform. There is no fault routine or anything in the logic I am testing.

Try this.

I/O Slot Enables: S:11 and S:12
These two words are bit-mapped to represent the 30 possible I/O slots in an SLC 500 system. Slot 0 corresponds to S:11/0; it is used to represent slot 0 for fixed I/O systems. Slots 1-30 correspond to S:11/1 through S:12/14.

When any bit is set (1) (default condition), the I/O module in the referenced slot is updated in the I/O scan of the processor operating cycle.

When any bit is cleared (0), the I/O module in the referenced slot is ignored (frozen at its last value). This condition persists until power is removed, the REM Run mode is exited, or a major fault occurs.

DisableSlot.jpg