I/O Error Help

J. Feldman

Hello there,

I am attempting to setup a Gateway Address on a control system in my plant. I've made this adjustment to several other machines in the plant with no issue, but for this system, I keep getting a strange error. Whenever I attempt to change the Gateway Address, it get the error (16#0C). Looking up this error, it reads:

The controller is attempting to request a service from the module and has
received an error. First, verify that the module is not faulted.
For an I/O module, this may indicate that the module has one of these
conditions:
• Limited communication, but has a Major Fault
• A firmware update needs to be completed or is currently being
completed.
Refer to the Module Info tab to determine the exact cause.

The PLC (2 1756-L71's setup in redundancy) is setup in REMRUN mode, and has no Major faults listed. The Module Info for the Ethernet card (1756-EN2TR) doesn't list any information either.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

You probably can't make any configuration changes to a 1756-EN2T that's in a ControlLogix Redundancy system, because the configuration needs to match between the two modules.

Since changing any part of the TCP/IP Object requires the module to break all of its connections temporarily, I recommend removing the module from the CPU chassis (or at least move it to a different slot) and trying the reconfiguration again.