I would like to know what people think about using PID controls on a liquid transfer

Several people have mentioned positive displacement pumps. The key to these is the amount of leakage on the pump. The lower the leakage on the pump is, the more predictable the flow will be. In my field of work (not plastics!) I would only use a PID loop if the leakage on the pump was too high to have open-loop control. Perhaps your engineering company are trying to cut costs by using lower spec pumps and then specifiying PID flow control to compensate for the leakage. What type of pumps have they specified?

Similar Topics

I have a burner that uses two fuel sources. Currently we only have one PID tag that runs the fuel controls for the active burner, but if we...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a problem with EN2TR during I using the EN2TR web page. I was trying to use EN2TR web via connecting thru E-TAP and go thru...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to create proportional logic for a control valve without using a PID function? I want to create a simple P controller without...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone! My name is Vidy and I am new to PLC AND PLC PROGRAMMING As Part of my final year project I have been tasked to program a PID...
Replies
Views
I had a problem on a hydraulic servo controlled cylinder, which I believe was caused by the PID loop and the cylinder reaching a hard stop at one...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom