IHM Types and working

dandrade

Request inform about the types of connections and change information of IHM <-->PLC.

An account about the IHM' s existing,the dependent to the PLC (proprietary) and universal.

What about:
•Meanses of connections (Port MMI, serial, network. ..)
•Ways of program - Software of IHM; Code in the PLC and file text
•Change of information -Inputs logical, registers,..
•Types- Graphic, matrix of points, text

It tell the model,name, from the IHM and which PLC's connects.All partial or complete information is accepts.

Knowing about a model of IHM, userfull that accepts several brands PLC, is good.

IHM = HMI?

dandrade,

You may want to use HMI (human machine interface)

instead of IHM when using English.

My experience is with Modicon PLC's, Panelmate HMI's communicating via Modbus

There are a lot of people here with more varied experience.

Good Luck!

Brian.

Code:
What about:
•Meanses of connections (Port MMI, serial, network. ..) 
•Ways of program - Software of IHM; Code in the PLC and file text 
•Change of information -Inputs logical, registers,.. 
•Types- Graphic, matrix of points, text

The connection type can be varied or proprietary to a specific brand. There are some that work serial, ethernet or proprietary connections. They may use a variety of protocols...Profibus, Devicenet, Modbus etc.

Most brands have their own specific software, I think the standard uses tags assigned to registers in the plc.

Are you asking about exchange of information? This one I am not sure what you are asking. As I stated above the HMI is connected depending on brand/model and uses an associated protocol to communicate with the plc. The specific how depends on the protocol used but basically the HMI just sends or receives data in bit or word to/from the plc register.

Types are wide ranging from 2 line alphanumeric to large color touchscreen, the number of buttons/keys can vary.

The question(s) were too general, you would have to ask about a specific brand to get details.

Hello Dandrade;
If you go to www.siemens.com, you can select different countries where Siemens does business, like Brasil or Portugal.
For example: http://www.siemens.com.br/produtos_sol.asp?canal=250

Those portals will give you access to information in Portuguese on Siemens products, and should answer your questions on that platform.
I am sure that either through their websites or through Google searches you can find all the info you need on other platforms in Portuguese.

Hope this helps (espero que ajuda a vocé)
Daniel Chartier

Yes, IHM=HMI

The question motive is to I know, the attitudes that should apply in the programming of IHM.

I understood: That the normal one is utilize communication, utilizing date frame.

Then the common environment for "communicate" IHM diverse: date frame? Yes!

Especific question: Exists which ways of command, or program an IHM?

Talk, some IHM that itself program the actions of the keys, movement of sprites, that is internal programming ?
About the IHM 's graphic, of size 10" 15" I eat saints utilized, operation.

I separated the actions (Focus) : command and communicate, this is difference, that want to know.

Obliged, if do not enclose here I thank. Write enough! :)

Last edited: