i'm new to plc's

SAUND

HI there,
Be kind because i'm new to plcs so please help. I want to learn.
i want to know what officially recognised course that i can do that anyone can recommend. What is the best plc to start on?

I have some very basic programming skill in C++ and in old assembler.

I'm not familiar with the courses in your area but a couple of places to start is on this site at the top of the page is an online tutorial. Most courses teach the AB instruction set but certainly not all of em. The RSlogix softare however is not cheap.

thanks mordred,
i have already ran through the tutorial.

i want to know which formal course is recommended by the community. even if i have to travel to go on it.

Download the S7-Lite software from the Siemens web site; fully functional and free. There are also a lot of pdf files/manuals there as well.
If you get on with it then Siemens run courses at Manchester, bit expensive though. Or check out the University of Wales "short courses". Take the S7 basic and advance course and get a BTEC.