Inat OPC server and RSLogix emulate 5000

Folken78

Hello at everybody,

I am new in this forum, I have got a communication problem beetwen Inat OPC Server, that runs in a virtual machine and RS Logix Emulate 5000, that runs in an other virtual machine,the virtual machine 1 sees ( I perform a ping to check the communication) the virtual machine 2 and the virtual machine 2 sees the virtual machine 1, in RS Linx Software->Communication->Gateway Diagnostic->Active Connection the connection is ok.
Why cannot the Inat import the simbols from the plc ?
Is it possibile the communication between Inat and RS Logix Emulate 5000 ?

I hope that anyone has some suggestion for me. Thank you

Kind Regards

In general, the Emulate 5000 'controller' communicates only with RSLinx Classic and RSLinx Enterprise, via the Virtual Backplane driver.

It cannot communicate with external devices (PLCs, HMIs, or other software products) over Ethernet.

SoftLogix 5800 can communicate over Ethernet with external devices, but as far as I know Emulate 5000 cannot.

If you want to connect an OPC Client to RSEmulate 5000, the usual choice is to use RSLinx Classic as an OPC Server.

Thank you very much,

so if I want to try my scada I have to use my opc client in the same virtual machine where the emulator runs with the RS Linx Classic as Opc Server. I am going to try it very soon, I hoped to avoid this solution because I usually have a virtual machine for the plc and an other one for the scada, but I am going to change my procedure for this job. Thank you.

Regards.

You could still use the separate Virtual Machine to run RSEmulate 5000 and RSLinx Classic, but RSLinx Classic would have to run the 'Gateway' edition so that it could be a Remote OPC Server.

In my experience, Remote OPC is enough of a hassle due to DCOM and other Windows issues that I don't use it unless I really need to.