Indirect addressing in Step 7

Colin158

C
Does anyone know how I can indirectly address data in a datablock in step 7?
EG. I have a DB containing multiple 'records'. I would like to write a function that would take an integer as an input, I would then like to use this input as an index to the dataword. I don't know the exact syntax but the pseudocode is:

L DBW[#index]
T MW300

I plan to do this in ladder but illustrating a move in STL is easier

Thanks

Colin158 said:
Does
I plan to do this in ladder but illustrating a move in STL is easier

Thanks

This is sad, but I feel the same way. I have and example program on my website S7 STL, Profibus demo with lots of indirect address.

I am sure there are places where a data block gets passed to a function and the open data block instruction is used to access the datablock.