Install previous versions of Studio 5000?

Hello all,

Recently, I tried to install Studio 5000 v34, v35, v36, but I mistakenly didn't install v34; is there a way to download this specific version without deleting v35 and v36?

Thank you for your time!

Yes, it is possible. You can download each version individually from the Rockwell website and install them individually. You may see some messages about newer versions of the support apps being installed (FT Activation, Linx, etc.), but you can ignore them.

For the record, it's almost always recommended both by Rockwell and users on this forum to install oldest to newest, but I've personally never had an issue with installing an older version after having newer versions installed.

For the record, it's almost always recommended both by Rockwell and users on this forum to install oldest to newest, but I've personally never had an issue with installing an older version after having newer versions installed.
I agree. I have always been told to do oldest to newest, but I have frequently installed older versions with no issues.

I try to keep my versions segregated on VMs. Versions 10 to 19 on an XP VM. Version 20 to Version 32 on a win 7. Version 34 and beyond on a win 10. That way, anything new from Rockwell only messes up a few things, not years. And none of these VMs get windows updates, another source of headaches.

Wow, thank you so much guys. I've been told the same, to download oldest to newest.
Same and I've always done it that way, it makes sense.

A few years ago I needed to setup a new VM with v13 > v30 (if I remember right). I put all the versions I was about to install into a list in python then randomized it. I installed them in the random order. Everything installed fine.

A few years ago I needed to setup a new VM with v13 > v30 (if I remember right). I put all the versions I was about to install into a list in python then randomized it. I installed them in the random order. Everything installed fine.
You should have bought a lottery ticket with those same random numbers that day.

I have had the least trouble when I install oldest to newest and the most trouble if I had to try to install a version older than one already installed.

This question is an evergreen one, comes back from time to time more often than our industry deserves.

I think it's not just about the RSL5K Version, but also when your installer was compiled by rockwell, and using what binaries. Each installer writes to a common files folder, if the last installed version has all the files it copies to the "Common" directory, then odds are your system will run okay.