Installing a Powerflex 525 with a RS Logix 5000 - Yellow Triangle

Good Afternoon ,

I installed a Powerflex 525 in the tree in a RS Logix 5000. I keyed in the IP address in C129 thru C132 , and selected parameter in C128. I am able to ping my IP Address , I see it in RS Linx and my RS Logix 5000 tree. But I have a yellow triangle. I think the problem lies in the port configuration tab. I get a code 16#0110 Connection Request Error- Module not configured . I have done this before with no problems. The difference is I did not use Boot P this time. What could I be doing wrong ?

Thanks so much in advance ,

Revisit the PF525 RSL5K module configuration and make sure it states exactly what the VFDs sticker does (Voltage Class, HP/KW, Firmware Revision, etc.).

Also, after editing of the communications parameters a power cycle will be required for the new setup to take effect.

How does it gather that information . I just selected Powerflex 525 embedded Ethernet and it created it. Also , what is the difference between Private Network and IP Address?

How does it gather that information . I just selected Powerflex 525 embedded Ethernet and it created it. Also , what is the difference between Private Network and IP Address?

It did it at default settings; probably 208 VAC 1HP at a low level firmware; most likely it is not what you have installed.

Go to the PF525 module configuration General Tab and pick the 'Change' button; again, enter the data from the VFD's label; Apply, Save and Download to controller.

Private network is a network containing 192.168.1. as the first three octets of any networked device IP address.

Last edited:
You can also go to the module config tab and click "match drive" if you have comm link it will enter these values for you.