Installing Rockwell Software on Windows 11 ARM

Yes, that's the biggest problem I have. Windows ARM can simulate x86/x64 software, but not x86/x64 drivers. If you have a USB device that requires drivers, and the manufacturer hasn't released ARM-specific drivers for it, you're out of luck.

Luckily these days the majority of equipment is programmable with ethernet, which requires no drivers.

Yeah that was my fear. Most of the time it's easier to use USB since we have monitoring systems that can shut down everything if certain actions are taken over the network. Downloading is a specific point of issue so we were looking for a way to download to processors via USB using the new ARM processors. Hopefully Rockwell will release a compatible driver soon.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I was thinking today about installing VirtualBox on a computer which has an existing installation of Studio 5000, and it got me thinking...
Replies
Views
I was issued a new notebook and now I have to install the rockwell software on it... I recall that as being a major ordeal the last time I did...
Replies
Views
A new point I/O rack is to be hooked up with the running PLC. In point I/O, it is supposed to be the OA4 card to be installed as per the...
Replies
Views
During the process of installing Studio 5000 Mini Edition to my new machine at work, it seems as though some things like RSLinx Classic and the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I haven't installed Unity Pro in years and needed to install it recently. I initially tried installing Version 11.1 and the whole...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom