Intermittent Radio Problems with Calamp Vipers

bkinard, ryangriggs has not posted his RSSI values that was yourself and OkiePC.

I have experienced radio links which would work intermittently, always failing at the same time of day or year or weather pattern. The root cause is usually a poor path which is then degraded further by temperature such as direct sunlight, thermal winds causing antennas to move or branches in the path to move, rain and then water in antenna connections, wind and then waves on the lake or ocean, etc.

Radio Mobile is capable free software for determining the feasibility of wireless paths. If you post the co-ordinates of your stations on the wireless ISP forum (http://dslreports.com/forum/wisp and ask usually somebody will run the path for you)

Similar Topics

I've been dealin with some intermittent CIP explicit messaging issues. I tried reducing the amount of small MSG instructions and converted them to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I hope I don't butcher this up, please feel free to critique me wherever if I do, I have an issue I would equate to "chasing...
Replies
Views
I had a comms fault between my VFD and Controller (5069-L320ERS2) that started about a month ago and happened maybe once a day to now where it...
Replies
Views
Well, I'm working with this ABB plc project, and It's been a learning experience coming from Allen Bradley. The project can't be changed to an AB...
Replies
Views
We have an application where we're communicating between a 1769-SDN a 3rd party device. For the most part things work fine. We're reading maybe...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom