Intouch 11.1 Licencing & Ethernet port Relation

BabluRout007

Hi Everyone ,

If anybody have any Idea between Intouch license detection & Ethernet port relation ?

I am working with an Intouch panel PC contains 2 ethernet port.When I am disabling port no. 2 , intouch cant detect the License.

Idea?

Is the license remote or local?
If it is remote..then the license detection may have a problem with the Enet connection disabled.
If license is local..then there should not be a problem with Enet.

When you go to Start>All Programs>Wonderware>Common> "ArchestrA License Manager"...what is the "License Path"?

Some license servers will bind to the MAC address of a network card. Usually you can tell by looking at the host information. You may be able to rehome the license w/ some help from Wonderware over to the primary NIC.

Sounds like you have a runtime license that is keyed to the hardware, I used to have a couple like that, we were able to get the license upgraded to a software key for a fee.

Look in the text of the license file and it should tell you if it is keyed to the hardware.